Wearing those wire and bracket braces is a thing of past with the availability of new procedures such as Invisalign braces. Many people drop the idea of correcting the way their teeth look just because they do not want to use those wires. And, even though the procedure is effective, it has many disadvantages, which makes Invisalign braces much more desirable. Here are some issues you may face with conventional braces:
· General Soreness: Since you will be wearing wires and brackets, it is natural to develop tenderness and soreness in your jaws and teeth. The soreness may become severe with chewing.
- Broken Wires: When wearing wires and brackets, it is natural to find yourself in situations where a broken or dislodged wire makes you uncomfortable. Some dentists also recommend using wax to keep these edges smooth, but it may not always help.
- Dislodged Band: Another common issue with conventional braces is that you may have a loose or broken band or bracket, which is usually the result of chewing something very hard. If you do not have your braces repaired, you will have to deal with serious complications later.
It is due to all these issues that people are now interested in using Invisalign braces. Here are some of the benefits of choosing this procedure:
- Unlike metal braces that are highly visible, no one will notice that you are wearing Invisalign braces. They are barely noticeable and are much more attractive as compare to metal braces.
- Invisalign braces are extremely comfortable. The biggest benefit is that you can remove them when you want. This is not true with metal braces that have to stay in place until a professional removes It is possible to remove your Invisalign braces to eat or drink, which is a big relief for someone who is still not used to wearing them.
- Unlike conventional braces, your Invisalign braces do not use any hard wires or brackets, which is the reason why they are not damaging to gums and teeth. You will have protruding bits of metal on conventional braces that can scratch the inside of your mouth and puncture the gums. You are not going to experience any such issue with invisible braces.
- Another big reason to opt for Invisalign braces is that you do not have to go through an extensive procedure. Moreover, they produce results much quicker as compared to conventional braces. Where metal braces take up to 5 years to produce the desired results, Invisalign clear braces straighten teeth in a year or so.
The fact of the matter is that if you are not happy with how your teeth look, you do not have to put your money on metal braces. You can achieve better results in a short time without having to deal with any complications. You just need to ensure that you visit a highly professional and experienced cosmetic dentist to perform these treatments.